Friday, November 6, 2009

30 Days of Thanks: Day 2 - Friends

Hello Friends,

Sometimes, I feel that in an effort to offer profound insights, I overlook the simple gifts that surround me.

Can I have your permission to be transparent? Thank you.

I had an awful day. In fact, the past few weeks have been far less than outstanding, and THIS is the reason that I chose to join this mission. To find 30 things in my life that I can be thankful for in a less than ideal situation, in hopes of turning my life around and looking in a new direction.

So, what I am thankful for today? It's quite simple.  Friends. Particularly tonight, Charlotte Fields. 



I am so thankful for Friends, who can see through the facade, notice the pain, not necessarily ask questions, but offer you an outlet to share a laugh, a song to sing together, a kind gesture, a shoulder,  an ear if you feel like talking. 

I am so fortunate to be surrounded by the people that have crossed my path. 

Thank you, God, for *ALL* of my Friends - new, old, close, or distant.  All of you share something special with me, and I hope that I share something special with you.

♥ - Joi

2 comments:

  1. Seems like you and I chose to participate for similar reasons. An opportunity to remind ourselves that there is good in our life regardless of the challenges being thrown our way. *hugs*

    Pat (RealHomeSense.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends are an honest lifeline! And, I'm thankful for them as well. I'm thankful for you! :)

    ReplyDelete